Takamul Investment | Our Assets
15739
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-15739,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode_grid_1300,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-10.0,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive
 

Our Assets

Metals

Sohar Aluminum Company (SAC)

www.sohar-aluminium.com

Located in the Sohar Industrial Estate, SAC was formed in September 2004 to undertake a landmark Greenfield aluminium smelter project in the Sultanate of Oman. It has its own state-of-the-art 1,000 MW Power Plant and a dedicated Port Facility situated in the Sohar Industrial Port area. The smelter uses AP technology and annually produces 382,000t of high quality primary aluminium metal. 60% of its production is committed to downstream local industries in form of Hot Metal. The rest is exported as Ingots and Sows mainly to Asian Markets.

SAC is a joint venture between Oman Oil Company (40%), Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA) (40%) and Rio Tinto (20%).

Oman Aluminium Processing Industries (OAPIL)

www.oapil.com

Located in the Sohar Industrial Estate, OAPIL operates an aluminium products manufacturing facility with a capacity of 48,000 TPA. The plant started commercial operations in July 2010 and uses liquid aluminum from Sohar Aluminium Company to produce aluminium rods and overhead line conductors that are used in power and electricity transmission.

OAPIL is a joint venture between Takamul (49%) and Oman Cables Industries (51%)

Oman Aluminum Rolling Mill (OARC)

www.oman-arc.com

Located in the Sohar Industrial Estate, OARC operates an aluminium rolling mill with a capacity of 140,000 TPA. The plant started commercial operations in 2013 and uses liquid aluminum from Sohar Aluminium Company to produce aluminum flat sheet coils and foil products. OARC products are sold to local and regional customers for a variety of uses including manufacturing food containers, ceilings, building and construction materials.

Aluminium Coil Coating Line (ACCL)

ACCL is an integrated expansion located adjacent to OARC, operating a coating line with a capacity of 25,000 TPA. The plant was commissioned in 2017 and uses “paint stock” products from OARC to produce coated aluminium products to be used for a variety of industrial uses.

OARC (including ACCL) is wholly owned by Takamul.

Vale Oman Pelletizing Company (Vale Oman)

www.vale.com/oman

Vale Oman Pelletizing Company (VOPC) was established in May 2010 to undertake a green field iron ore pelletizing plant in Sohar. The plant uses rotary kiln technology to pelletize iron ore. Current capacity of the plant is 9 Million TPA, however the capacity can be expanded to 18 Million TPA.

VOPC is a joint venture between Oman Oil Company (30%) and Vale (70%)

Galvanized Specialty Steel Industries (GSSI)

www.gssi-omna.com

Located in the Sohar Industrial Estate, GSSI operates a facility to produce galvanized steel wires with a capacity of 60,000 TPA. The plant commenced commercial operations in 2013 and produces steel wires for electric power and telecom cables.

GSSI is a joint venture between Takamul (49%) and BH Global Corporate of Singapore (51%).

Mining Development Oman (MDO)

Mining Development Oman (MDO) was established in partnership with the State General Reserve Fund, Oman Investment Fund and Oman National Investments Development Company (Tanmia). MDO is envisioned to be a holding company acts as a catalyst to develop opportunities for mining Oman’s natural resources. MDO will create subsidiaries in partnership with industry leading organizations to develop different projects across the upstream exploration and mining as well as downstream processing of metal ores and minerals such as copper, limestone and gypsum. 40% of MDO will be offered to the public through an IPO, with the remaining 60% owned equally between the four founding partners.

Petrochemicals

Oman India Fertilizer Company (OMIFCO)

www.omifco.com

A world scale ammonia / urea fertilizer manufacturing facility in Sur. The plant comprises of two ammonia and two urea production trains, each with a capacity of 1,750 metric tons and 2,530 metric tons a day respectively, together with all the necessary state-of-the-art infrastructure facilities. The plant produces up to 250,000 metric tons per annum of surplus liquid ammonia and 1.65 million metric tons per annum of bulk granulated urea.

OMIFCO is a joint venture between Oman Oil Company (50%), Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited – IFFCO (25%) and Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited – KRIBHCO (25%)

Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries (ORPIC)

www.orpic.om

Created from the integration of three companies – Oman Refineries and Petrochemicals Company LLC (ORPC), Aromatics Oman LLC (AOL) and Oman Polypropylene (OPP) – Orpic is one of Oman’s largest companies and is one of the rapidly growing businesses in the Middle East’s oil industry. The refineries at Sohar and Muscat, as well as the aromatics and polypropylene production plants in the Sohar complex, provide fuels, chemicals and feedstock to Oman and to the world. A team of more than 1,600 employees, the majority of which are Omanis, work across these four plants with the common goal of building an integrated Omani refining and petrochemicals business. Together, the two refineries (Muscat & Sohar) have a production capacity of 222,000 barrels of crude oil per day. The crude oil is turned into naphtha, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), Gas Oil (Diesel), Gasoline, Fuel Oil and Jet Fuel. In addition, the Aromatics Plant has a production capacity of 818,000 metric tons per annum of Paraxylene and 198,000 metric tons of Benzene. Finally the Polypropylene Plant can produce up to 350,000 metric tons of polypropylene pellets.

Oman Oil Company owns 25% of ORPIC and the remaining 75% is owned by Oman’s Ministry of Finance.

Oman International Petrochemical Industries Company (OMPET)

www.ompet.om

OMPET is developing a PTA production facility to be located in the Sohar Port Industrial Zone with an anticipated capacity of 1,100,000 TPA for PTA and the potential to further develop PET. The plant will use Paraxylene from ORPIC’s Aromatics Plant in Sohar to produce PTA which is a key raw material in developing PET plastics that have a variety of applications such as fibers, PET bottles and films.

Construction is expected to start in 2017 and the plant is expected to be commissioned in 2020

OMPET is a joint venture between Takamul (20%), OOC (50%) and LGI of South Korea (30%)

Salalah Methanol Company (SMC)

Based in the Salalah Free Zone, SMC operates a methanol production facility with a capacity of 1,000,000 TPA. The plant started commercial operations in 2010 and uses Oman’s natural gas resources to produce Methanol, which is sold to customers worldwide for the production of solvents, plastics, paints, resins and adhesives.

Takamul owns 10% of SMC, with the other 90% owned by OOC

Sohar Sulphur Fertilizers (SSF)

www.ssfoman.com

Based in the Sohar Industrial Estate, SSF operates a fertilizer production facility with a capacity of 60,000 TPA. The plant commenced commercial operations in 2012 and uses sulphur, a byproduct from ORPIC’s refineries, to produce Sulphur-Bentonite and other micronutrients, which are sold to GCC, Africa, Asia and Brazilian markets for the production of fertilizers for Sulphur depleted soils.

SSF is a Joint Venture between Takamul (68.75%) and Aqua Ventures International (31.25%).

Muscat Gases Company (MGC)

www.mctgases.com

Headquartered in Muscat, MGC is a leading trader and distributor of LPG for industrial and residential customers throughout Oman. In addition MGC operates an industrial gases manufacturing plant in the Rusayl industrial area.

MGC is a publicly listed company on the Muscat Securities Market. It’s largest shareholders are Takamul (32.66%), Civil Services Employees’ Pension Fund (15%) and Al Saud Co (10.1%).

Services & Other

Innovation Development Oman (IDO)

www.ido.om

Ibtikar Development Oman SAOC (“IDO”) was established by the State General Reserve Fund, Oman Oil Company SAOC, The Research Council, and Oman Telecommunications SAOG.  IDO will invest equity capital in world-class technology companies. The initial capitalisation of OMR 50 million will be used to invest in start-ups and also to attract international companies that will utilise the Sultanate of Oman’s natural resources and human capital and benefit Oman directly with knowledge transfer and development. IDO will capitalise on its highly experienced partners to provide guidance, experience, market knowledge, business development, and staged funding through the venture development and growth stages until maturity.

Oman Blending Services (OBS)

Located at the Samail Industrial Estate, OBS is developing a facility with a capacity of 24,000 TPA to blend various chemicals used in oilfields such as corrosion inhibitors, deformers and demulsifiers. Construction was completed in 2015 and the plant began commercial operations in 2016, maximizing in-country-value in the oil and gas sector in Oman by replacing imports with a local operation.

OBS is wholly owned by Takamul.

Takatuf Oman Company (Takatuf)

www.takatuf.om

Takatuf is the strategic provider of innovative Human Capital solutions that contributes to meeting Oman’s workforce requirements. Established as a subsidiary of Oman Oil Company S.A.O.G in 2013, Takatuf has been responding to Oman’s workforce development needs and providing strategic, innovative Human Capital solutions for a wide variety of corporate and institutional projects across the Sultanate. Takatuf operates in five key areas: Human Capital Consulting; Assessment; Coaching; Takatuf Scholars Programme; and Training Institutes.

Takatuf is wholly owned by Oman Oil Company

Sohar Paper Cores (SPC)

www.spc-oman.com

Located in the Sohar Industrial Estate, SPC operates a paper core manufacturing facility with a capacity of 9,900 TPA, equivalent to 500,000 cores per year. The plant began commercial operations in July 2015 and uses 100% recycled fiber from post-consumer waste to produce paper core products used for winding various kinds of plastic films, textiles, aluminium coils, cables and paper.

SPC is wholly owned by Takamul.

We see endless possibilities

Takamul Investment Company S.A.O.C
PO BOX 1951 | Postal Code 130 | Airport Heights
Sultanate of Oman
+968 22004333